Lenoir Woods is dedicated to the health and safety of our residents and staff members. Despite the challenges COVID-19 presents, our staff remains committed to the older adults we serve.
To provide transparency and current information on COVID-19 in our community, case numbers are totaled and updated here by 5:00 p.m. each day. Weekly totals are updated by 5:00 p.m. each Saturday and reflect activity within the past week only.
Upon receiving test results, our team communicates positive results and best course of action to COVID-19-positive residents and responsible parties. COVID-19-positive residents are either quarantined in place or relocated to a COVID-19-positive area within the community until they are symptom free and no longer potentially contagious to others.
COVID-19-positive staff members are immediately notified and advised to quarantine at home. They are not allowed to return to work until they are symptom free and no longer potentially contagious.
Based on recommendations from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), we test Assisted Living, Memory Care Assisted Living, and Care Center staff either weekly or monthly depending upon positivity rates in the greater community. Assisted Living, Memory Care Assisted Living, and Care Center residents are only tested if there is a new case of COVID-19 in their specific living area.
Reported deaths would include those who had previously recovered from COVID-19 but passed after their recovery and those with other health issues unrelated to a diagnosis of COVID-19.
The community notifies public health officials of each case as required and is following procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the public health department.
The ability to have indoor visitors still relies on the county’s positivity rate and the number of cases within each community. Indoor visits cannot occur until the county positivity rate falls below 10% and we have not had a case of COVID-19 in our community for 14 days. We are monitoring the positivity rate closely via the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
Please call 573-203-0870 to listen to a recorded message indicating the status of each level of living for visitation. This message is updated on a regular basis.
As a reminder, our community is required to follow visitor guidelines that have been set by CMS, the Missouri Department of Health and Human Services (DHSS), and the county health department.
We have emergency preparedness and infection control practices in place. Our staff continues to be vigilant in their precautionary steps including:
- Screening all employees prior to the start of their shifts.
- Assessing Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Care Center residents three times a day for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Screening Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Care Center visitors and enforcing guidelines during outdoor visits.
- Screening visitors to Independent Living and ensuring they follow face mask wearing and social distancing requirements.
- Working with outside vendors to avoid resident contact.
- Slowly restarting communal dining and activities with guidelines in place.
- Increasing our cleaning and sanitation procedures with approved bactericides and virucides.
- Providing staff with the appropriate level of personal protective equipment for their roles as indicated by the CDC and health department guidelines.
- Providing all staff members a face mask to wear for the duration of their shift. In Assisted Living, Memory Care, and the Care Center, staff members also wear face shields.
- Assuring that Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Care Center residents who must leave the community for medical necessities wear a face mask and are reassessed upon returning to the community.
If you have questions, please contact Kent Kirkwood, Lenoir Woods executive director. You can reach Lenoir Woods by calling the front desk at 573.876.5800.
We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation as we navigate these challenges. Be assured that as we all work together, we will come through this stronger than ever because together we are LSS Strong.