Coronavirus Updates for Meramec Bluffs
Meramec Bluffs is dedicated to the health and safety of our residents and staff members. Despite the challenges COVID-19 presents, our staff remains committed to the older adults we serve.
To provide transparency and current information on COVID-19 in our community, case numbers are totaled and updated here by 5:00 p.m. each day. Weekly totals are updated by 5:00 p.m. each Saturday and reflect activity within the past week only.
Upon receiving positive test results, our team communicates the best course of action. COVID-19-positive residents are either quarantined in place or relocated to a COVID-19-positive area. COVID-19-positive staff members are quarantined at home.
LSS tests Assisted Living, Memory Care Assisted Living, and Care Center staff and residents based on recommendations from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The community notifies public health officials of each case as required and is following procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the public health department.
We have emergency preparedness and infection control practices in place. Our staff continues to be vigilant in their precautionary steps including:
- Assessing Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Care Center residents daily for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Screening Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Care Center visitors and enforcing guidelines during visits.
- Screening visitors to Independent Living and ensuring they follow face mask wearing and social distancing requirements.
- Working with outside vendors to avoid resident contact.
- Increasing our cleaning and sanitation procedures with approved bactericides and virucides.
- Providing staff with the appropriate level of personal protective equipment for their roles as indicated by the CDC and health department guidelines.
- Providing all staff members a face mask to wear for the duration of their shift.
- Assuring that Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Care Center residents who must leave the community for medical necessities wear a face mask and are reassessed upon returning to the community.
If you have questions, please contact Lynne Spriggs, Meramec Bluffs executive director. You can reach Meramec Bluffs by calling the front desk at 636.861.0600.
We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation as we navigate these challenges. Be assured that as we all work together, we will come through this stronger than ever because together we are LSS Strong.