Resolutions You Will Want to Keep
I’m sure we’ve all made resolutions over the years that didn’t even outlast the Christmas ham leftovers. It can be overwhelming to try to become someone new at the flip of a calendar page. This year, try one of these small, simple resolutions that could have a big impact.
- Try a new fruit or vegetable: Our tastes change over time. Maybe the boiled broccoli you secretly fed to your dog under the table as a kid could be a delicious sauteed side dish today? Adding fruits and vegetables to your diet can improve your overall health. And who knows? Maybe you’ll develop a newfound love of Brussel’s sprouts in 2023!
- Take a walk: Shake up your routine. After a meal, instead of settling on the couch, take
a short walk. Walking after eating has been shown to reduce blood sugar spikes, and increased movement is wonderful for overall health. You don’t have to go far to experience the benefits.
- Learn something new: It could be a new skill, a new language, or even a new word – learning new things is good for you! Learn a new card game with friends – it’s a lot of fun and great for your brain health.
- Surprise someone: It doesn’t have to be a grand gesture or cost a lot of money. A silly card or a single flower can make someone’s day. Everyone likes to feel special and making someone else feel good will make you feel great!
- Enjoy the silence: Take time for you. Meditate. Pray. Enjoy some quiet time to reflect without technology or distractions. It’s good for the body and soul!
Resolutions don’t have to be a burden. Look at them as an opportunity for exploration, growth, and positive change. Small changes can have big results. Take charge of your 2023 and try something new!