REACH Short Stay Rehabilitation is a comprehensive approach to recovery and rehabilitation services following surgery, illness, or injury. Open to patients of all ages, including seniors, our welcoming setting allows you to work hard and rest well. With a team focused on person-centered care, we’ll work with you and your family to prepare a personalized plan to help you achieve your goals in our state-of-the-art physical therapy gyms. REACH guests also enjoy complete access to the full host of amenities available at each of our communities.
To learn more about our REACH philosophy or to schedule a tour at a Lutheran Senior Services REACH Short Stay Rehab site near you, complete our Contact Us form.
Our specialized approach includes:
- Interdisciplinary expertise from a team that includes licensed nursing, therapy, nutritional management, social services, and spiritual care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy provided in accordance with your care plan
- A focus on improving activities of daily living to your highest potential
- Personalized meetings to set goals and prepare for a successful transition home
A sample of services and therapies offered:
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Cognitive therapy
- Dysphagia (swallowing) therapy
- Dysphasia (communication) therapy
- Fall management and balance training
- Home management skills
- Home safety assessment
- IV therapy
- Urinary incontinence and pelvic floor retraining
- Lymphedema management
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Pain management
- Respiratory therapy
- TPN administration
- Wound care
- Edema control
Facts to consider
Less than 15% of REACH short stay rehab guests return to the hospital during their course of care.
An average of 18 days is needed to reach individualized therapy goals.
96% of REACH Short Stay Rehab guests would recommend Lutheran Senior Services.
A Leader in Value-Based Care
In 2018 Lutheran Senior Services completed our participation in the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Model 3 Bundled Payment for Care Initiative (BPCI). In partnership with Remedy Partners, Lutheran Senior Services demonstrated the ability to be a top performer in the nation in delivering value based care in our REACH Short Stay locations.